Yes, overseas you can guide, conduct initiations (Discover Scuba Diving programmes) and assist an Instructor during his courses.

To be able to be paid in France you need to be titled with the State Diplôma for a sports educator (BPJEPS, DEJEPS, DESJEPS mention scuba diving)

Overseas you can guide your children with the Dive Master certification.  In France you need to be Niveau 4/dive guide.

A PADI Dive Master, who has been a certified diver for at least six months can enroll in a PADI IDC.  The other conditions are : 60 logged dives at the beginning of the course and 100 logged dives to allow participation at an Instructor Examination.  You need to have an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certification with the last 24 months, a valid dive medical less than a year old, and be an Emergency First Response Instructor (you can attain this qualification during the IDC).

Yes it’s definitely possible to repass the IE.  You can reattend any IE to repass only the modules previously failed within a delay of up to 1 year.

Other diving training